Thursday, July 17, 2008

Accents

Since moving back home, people have told me that I have an Irish accent. Now, I know that I don't have a full on one because people in Ireland told me this all the time. :) When we moved back, I heard the accent a bit but now only hear the local accent in a few people.

A couple weeks back, Aileen called me from her sister's. It was so good to hear from her. I miss my friends in Ireland so much. Anyway, while talking to her, I heard her accent for the first time. I never noticed that she has a bit of a Dublin accent (sorry Aileen). A while ago, someone from Ireland called to talk to John. Again, I heard the accent. I have to say, when I hear it, I get a bit of a pang of "homesickness." I miss that accent and really look forward to Aileen coming to visit next weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol it's ok, I know I sort of do :) I am *really* looking forward to visiting! Hopefully I can cure some of that homesickness :}

Anonymous said...

It's more the cadence than the accent, with us transplants. But yeah, it's kinda fun. And do you drop back into it when talking to people? When Aileen's there, you two will be saying "Grand", "you know that way?", "at the end of the day", and "thanksverymuch".
:-)

Have fun with Leen!