Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Warm and Sunny Madrid

Spain was warm and sunny this time that we went. We arrived Saturday evening and left Monday afternoon. It was a beautiful weekend and we really enjoyed our visit, especially seeing John's sister C. Of course I took loads of pictures which I will start posting soon.

While in Madrid, we went to the Prado Museum which has works by Goya, Greco, Ruben, and lots of other famous artists that I had never heard of. There were also a lot of gorgeous inlaid tables throughout the museum that I took lots of pictures of. John and C teased me that I admired the tables more than the artwork. We also looked at some sculpture and "decorative arts."

A lot of the stores and museums were closed because May 1st and 2nd are bank holidays in Spain. That made me feel less guilty about sleeping in and relaxing before heading out for the day.

No comments: