Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Malahide



Our friends Sh and J are in town for a week. J has a training in Dublin, which is why they came to visit. Sh has been hanging out and doing the tourist things. I took today off work to spend with her and am planning to take a half a day on Thursday since I had so much fun today.

Today we got a late start and went up to Malahide. We wandered around the town for a bit, went by the sea, and then walked to the castle. We did the castle tour. I have now been on this tour three times! I think the next time I am going to tell whoever is wanting to see the castle that I will wait in the gift shop or coffee shop for them. Well, unless it is my sister or my parents. Then I'll have to go...

While walking to the castle, we saw some trees with some interesting knots in them. It is actually are really peaceful walk and you feel like you are in the middle of a country forest. I quite needed that and will have to remember to go there when I get stressed out by city life. Oh, look for the smiley face.

No comments: