Thursday, January 01, 2009

Waterfalls, waterfalls, oh how I love waterfalls















In case I haven't mentioned it or you haven't figured it out yet, I love waterfalls. We had a waterfall guide book (John gave it to me for my birthday) to New Zealand and I have planned vacations around waterfalls (that's why we went to Norway). I don't know what it is about them, but I love them. I love to hear and see the rushing water and I think that they are beautiful.

So, when we left the glaciers to drive on State Highway 6 towards the sounds/fjords, I was not disappointed. The guide book said that we'd see tons of them and many were just along the side of the road. I knew that there'd be lots of waterfalls on this drive. However, I didn't imagine that there could be as many as there were. I felt like every time I looked on either side of the road, we'd pass a waterfall. Some of them were tiny, others were pretty impressive. Many of them weren't named or if they were, it was unoriginal names like culvert 5. That's how many waterfalls are in this area!

No comments: