Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kitekite Falls












I love waterfalls. For my birthday, he got me a New Zealand waterfall guide book. To help with the honeymoon planning, I looked through the waterfall book and marked the ones that I wanted to see. We then worked as many of those into the trip as possible.

The first of the waterfalls was northwest of Aukland. So, on day two, we got our rental camper van and ventured out of Aukland to see this waterfall. After getting a bit disoriented in Aukland, we found our way there and parked in the park car park. We then had a nice little hike to the waterfall. We knew that New Zealand was a wet country, but we hadn't really thought about what that meant: temperate rain forest. It was fascinating to see ferns and trees and have them be taller than John!

Upon seeing the waterfall, I had a bit of a surprise: kids were swimming at its base! It was a swimming hole!! Eventually, I succumbed to the temptation and had a bit of a dip with my clothes on. Since it was such a nice sunny day, it wasn't too cold hiking back in wet clothes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you looking over your shoulder... and waterfalls are pretty!