Friday, April 25, 2008

1516


Alright, I continue to be remiss on the blogging. But I have a good excuse, really I do. I have been busy knitting. But that isn't the good excuse. The current one is that my parents visited for two weeks and then John's mom was in town for a few days. Yeah, so I was busy entertaining. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! (there is something else but I'll write about that later)

Anyway, back to the travel photos. Vienna, yeah. That's where our travels took us. While in Vienna, John was on a mission to find bock bier. It is a stronger beer that is only available a couple times a year, and Easter is one of them. Therefore, he consulted the "drinking" section of the guidebook and directed us to a pub that he thought should have potential. While the 1516 Brewery didn't have bock bier, they had a lot of other good things. Since we had gone to have dinner, we ordered food. I ordered a turkey burger and John ordered sausage. My "burger" was really a grilled fillet of turkey and tasty wonderful. It tasted well spiced and had a lot more flavor than I am used to turkey having. I gave John a bit. He said it tasted familiar. He then ate more sausage and he realized that my turkey tasted basically the same as his sausage!! The must have been grilled on the same grill....

No comments: