Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Training: what to do

I have gone to many different types of training. One thing that annoys me during presentations is poor organization. So, here are my suggestions on how to give a better presentation:
+ Use lots of visuals
+ If you are going to give a copy of your PowerPoint presentation as a handout, either follow it or tell the audience that you aren't going to follow it
+ Don't jump all around your power point presentation. I know, this is really the same as the last one but it annoys me
+ Give movement/stretch breaks
+ Do case studies/practical activities to illustrate your points
+ Give lots of practical suggestions on how this could directly relate to one's work
+ Provide a schedule of the events for the day
+ Allow time for discussion and facilitate discussion of the topic
+ When using PowerPoint, do more than read your slides. I can read your slides. I want you to expound on what is on the slides
+ Put key information on the handouts

No comments: