Sunday, November 05, 2006

Girls night out

After lunch one day, I had coffee with a couple of the girls and then went on my way. At 5:00, I got a phone call that quite a few of my mates were at the Porterhouse Central. When I met up with them, I found out that they had been there since 2:00 PM and were quite happy!

I ordered my hot whiskey to help my sore throat and the others kept drinking. And drinking. They tended to drink 2 for my one! About 10:00 PM, the music started and we started dancing. And some mates kept drinking.

About 12:00, I noticed that that staff were looking at us a bit differently, as were some of the other patrons. I stopped drinking and switched to water. After a while, one of the guys that was with us asked what we wanted for the next round. I said that I was cut off and that one of my friends was as well because she was quite drunk (pissed). However, he said that I couldn't cut someone else off. He then turned to a third friend and asked what she wanted. She said that she was cut off and so was the girl I said was cut off. He still didn't seem to like that but I think he allowed it. I guess it isn't socially appropriate to cut people off here. I was just trying to look out for my friend.

No comments: